[T3] tube in the floorpan?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Sep 4 17:48:58 PDT 2011

In a message dated 9/4/2011 8:19:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

I was  recently reading an article in Hot VW's about butchering up a T3 pan
to  take a T1 beam for some unimaginable reason and I
Noticed that the pan  they were using had a large tube, maybe 2 or 3 inches
in diameter  protruding from the front end of the tunnel  to the inside of
the car,  Ive never seen anything like this before, is this some early  heat
tube??

Do you mean the tub coming off the top right side of the tunnel like in
this pic Keith?
_http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/825243.jpg_
(http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/825243.jpg)

It's for the front defroster. Just so you know, T-34's also got one in the
rear too. I believe 64's were the last year for them on T-3s, if not then
very  early 65's last got it. It's one of those early "1500" things. :^)

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)