[T3] Silicone brake fluid V. brake switches...

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 13:17:18 PDT 2011

I'm one of the ones that's been down that road more than I'd like to say.  I
found that article interesting from the standpoint of the 2 fellows that
have cut the switches open to find the problem.

When my OE ones quit, I went with Meyle.  Those were manufactured
incorrectly (since been corrected).  I went with Euromaxx at that point.
 Those lasted less than a year, and if you if you look at mileage, probably
they lasted less than 1500 miles.  My independent FLAPS that deals with a
LOT of VW guys only stocked a "German" switch which was unlabeled but cost
3x as much as Meyle and Euromaxx.  So far so good on those switches, but I
look at my brake lights in every glass window that I can if the angle
presents itself.  I feel like I never know when they're gonna be dead again
!

 - Bryon, '71 Fastback