[T3] Camber Problems

Brent Bottolfson brent at bottolfson.net
Sun Sep 11 09:46:21 PDT 2011

I can spin the upper ball joint on the right side all the way around and
it doesn't really change the camber at all. The left side is at about 1*
positive but the right won't change from about 2.5* positive no matter
what I do.

The car is in rolling pan status, I've tried on jackstands (level) and
with wheels on. No difference.

I know the body should be on and loaded per Bentley, but I just wanted
to get it close to equal between the two sides.  Seems like I could make
a coarse adjustment now to get them close and then have it properly
aligned and camber set when it's all back together.

Note that I had some damage to the upper beam bearings on the left
(opposite) side with the original beam, and I re-used the original
spindles and control arms with the replacement beam. I really haven't
messed with the left side camber as it is in spec.  Should I be
concerned about a bent spindle or control arm?  Maybe I should have
swapped them out too.

Thanks.
Brent