[T3] Parting out front axle and rear subframe!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Sep 18 05:59:01 PDT 2011

On 17 Sep 2011 at 20:23, Keith Park wrote:

> And then there's those of us with over 300Kmi on their rear suspensions and
> wondering... well, how long DO they last??

Unless they are abused, as in my one past experience, or crashed, I
expect them to last forever. The bearings, however, can't be expected
to have more than some long finite life. Both outer roller bearings
in the parts I just disassembled show signs of wear. Those are
expensive bearings, but they are enough work to replace that I would
probably not reuse these unless it was an emergency.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org