[T3] muffler

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Sep 21 07:12:30 PDT 2011

On 20 Sep 2011 at 19:59, Chris Slaymaker wrote:

> I just bought a Type 3 muffler and I believe it to be OEM.  It is
> branded Leistritz and I believe the number is 341 257 061 B (the paper
> sticker isn't all there).

The early muffler is 341 251 061B, while the late muffler is 311 251
061F, so I'm guessing you have the early muffler.

There are even earlier mufflers. They have built on upper heat
exchangers and/or carb preheat pipes. I doubt if you got one of
those.

I have almost every part and version ever made, available for sale.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org