[T3] headlight rings

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Sep 1 05:43:24 PDT 2011

In a message dated 8/31/2011 8:04:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

Thanks  for the clarification Bob, I think Ill keep the sealed beams, Im
cheap...and  for some reason standard SB12's seem to be ungodly expensive
Considering  how many are out there, (and the fact they are pretty cheap  to
re-chrome).

Of course, maybe they don't Sell at those  prices.

Anywho... onto painting the LR fender, the last painting left  be be done!

Well, Russ explained to me why SB 12 rings are sought after (the ones with
SB 12 and Hella stamped in them). They were made of brass, then chromed.
This is  why they don't rust out like the later versions (of the same style
ring) do. I  know 3 years ago I paid 25 bucks for 1, but that was because I
already had 1(for  my 71 Notch). Rob picked 1 up at the vintage show for 5
bucks a couple of years  ago too, as the seller didn't know it was worth
anything. : ) They're still out  there, just have to know where to look for the
deals. I think I paid 10 bucks  for a euro ring at the same show (to replace
my dented 1). Never thought  I'd see that ring in a parts bin in the swap
meet section (for cheap), but there  it was. : )

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)