[T3] Spark Plug Color

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 14:42:47 PDT 2011

Dave said to look for a straw color instead of white....I assume that means
the body of the spark plug?  If so, looks pretty white to me.

The black on the spark plug is more like dust and comes off easiliy, it's
not oily or hard to remove.
I believe what Dave is referring to is the color of the "residue" on the
electrodes and the tip of the plug which is the inside portion of SP when
the plug is screwed in the combustion chamber.

The "straw-color" is a result of PROPER burning of fuel. In the third photo,
the shape of the electrodes LOOK TO HAVE a sharp, proper-shaped appearance.

Gary "Frito" '69 Variant, FI, MT
Lake Geneva, WI