[T3] Sagging Door & Thermostat Parts

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Apr 2 06:23:40 PDT 2012

In a message dated 4/2/2012 2:27:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
skellzangelz at hotmail.com writes:

Thanks,  Jim, for the info about what it'll take to get the hinge pin out.
I'll  have to take a closer look at it, maybe even pull it off to get a
better idea  of which way to drive it out.  Looking at it on the car, it's hard
to see  any way to drive it out without damaging the body but maybe it'll
be a little  clearer off the car.  Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm
wondering if I  could even find a replacement pin if it's so hard to get out.  I
guess  there might be to possibility of a non-VW hardware solution.  I'll
have  to contact the local VW junkyard and see if he's got some doors that
could be  chopped up for the hinge.

I'll have to do some searching and see if  I find any more information
online about the hinge splitting and that  tool.  I found the tool # (751) on
the samba's VW tools list but no image  to go with it.

Thanks,Jeremy

Here's a link to a thread started on the Samba T-3 forum about door  hinges.
_http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t
=401755&highlight=door+hinge+tool_
(http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=401755&highlight=door+hinge+tool)
Inside it, Russ posted some pics of the tool, and included the blueprint
for building it. This thread is/was for the early style door, and I don't
know if the later door is the same or not.

Since your in SF California, why not just replace the entire door. I'm
sure there are several pick N pull's in the area that might have 1. I only  say
that, because your door might be sprung. I hope this helps.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)