[T3] Sagging Door & Thermostat Parts

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Apr 6 16:31:22 PDT 2012

The hinge pin press is a bit like the screw devices for separating
ball-joints, but on a smaller scale.  Basically, it's a yoke on a bar which
brackets the hinge and a screw which is turned to press the pin out.  I
think our pins are parallel, so I'm not sure it matters which way you press
it out, but I guess you will need an oversize pin and open out the hinge
hole to match, if you've got wear on the hinge itself.

Maybe you could use a ball-joint press with some suitable spacer rods.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club