[T3] car died on way home

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Apr 8 20:08:44 PDT 2012

On 8 Apr 2012 at 17:43, Mark Fuhriman wrote:

> I wonder if your wiring harness going into the big huge plug on the ECU
> might have a short.  Years ago when I had an intermittent stall problem I
> found I was able to wiggle the harness around and make the car die.  I
> changed out the harness, and it has been OK for many years now.

When you wiggle the harness like that, you've moving lots of things.
Your problem was probably at one of the connectors near where you
wiggled. The wires are stranded and I've never seen one that was bad
inside. OTOH, connector issues are quite common, and losing 2
injectors could very likely kill the engine, if everything else
wasn't quite up to snuff.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org