[T3] Rust!

Brent Bottolfson brent at bottolfson.net
Sat Apr 21 08:45:18 PDT 2012

On 4/21/12 7:20 AM, Art Sterrett wrote:
> It appears that when these cars were built that they filled that area with foam which makes it about impossible to cut and weld new metal into that area.  I would like to hear from any of you who have had experience with this problem and what you've done to slow the rust down or stop it.

I saw some pictures awhile back of a guy who straightened out a wire
coat hanger and put a small (maybe 1/2") 90 degree bend in the end.
Then attached the straight end to an electric drill to get the foam out
from the inside.  It really worked cutting the foam out.  Seems like
that foam was a bad idea to have in there in the first place.