[T3] car died on way home

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 19:08:33 PDT 2012

Problem solved.  I got a D brain and plugged it in.  2 clicks from relays
and it fired up.  Test drive was fine.  So the brain seems to have been the
issue.  A huge thanks to all that helped me diagnose the problem.  Glad to
be running again....and it's 80 today !

I have a question about my new brain....it looks like it has been opened.
 Tabs on 3 of the sides are bent and a bad job was done on getting them
crimped back.  Should I try to remedy this?  Is this supposed to be a
watertight box because of where it is located, inside the air intake ?

pictures are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FmqpMBiquX7k8We_pxtfknXdrsViomk1SpEsqiYzOCg?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/y-mH6ffK1rIpSCzNsxeUmHXdrsViomk1SpEsqiYzOCg?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/rtiA4PrHsTzh2b9DsKPXYXXdrsViomk1SpEsqiYzOCg?feat=directlink

Also, is there any way to diagnose what was wrong with the brain if I open
it up?  I'd like to save it and repair if possible.

Thanks,

 - Bryon, 71 Fastback MT/FI