[T3] Gearlube question

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 18:48:04 PDT 2012

In a message dated 4/24/2012 9:14:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

The  original spec was MIL-L 2105B, but that got superceeded by C and
then D.  Now I'm told that the 2105 spec is dead, so we're just
looking for GL-4.

I was asking about the mil spec, since most of the jugs of gear lube still
have that printed on them.  So what you're saying is that the superceeded
version still carries the same properties as the original? Or is it
updated/replacing the old spec? Yes, the combination GL 4/GL 5 is  troubling, like
you pointed out. About the only thing I saw that was GL 4 only  was
synthetic GL. Now I've heard good things about using it, but I don't know  which
brand is best.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)