[T3] Window scrapers

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 14:58:39 PDT 2012

Did I read, or did someone tell me, or
having I been having VW Type 3 "dreams" again ...

When you lower the window glass and drive with you upper and forearm
resting on the window sill, you should leave about 1/8" to 1/4" of the
glass sticking up above the rubber scraper?

The perspiration and skin oils from your arm apparently tend to
deteriorate as well as deform the rubber, since we tend to place our
arm in the same area every time.  It may make sense.  And (if that
true) it surely would reduce the need to replace window scrapers and
what appears to be a protracted "fix" in labor and time.

Anybody had this same advice?

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)