[T3] Spent some time with the Crate...

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Aug 15 17:52:29 PDT 2012

Ya know, I may have got the faceplate flipped over!  That might put the red
hash mark in a meaningful place.  I haven't had time to put the clock on the
bench yet but SOON.

As for the timing, I was thinking of maybe putting it at 7.5 to compensate
for todays crappy 93 octane ethanol, Ill try 5BTDC.  SOMETIMES it runs much
better than other times, especially if Ive had it up on the highway for any
time, then it runs pretty good, but it wont start after that!

I cleaned out both carbs last night, checked the float setting, one had a
little dirt in the bottom of the bowl.  I wanted to swapout the coil but I
have no idea what happened to the Notchbacks original 6V coil so I don't
have a spare.

I did a compression test too,  1)126  2)121  3)90  4)96
This tells me that with domies in there, IF they still are, its shot. It
will knock and ping pretty easy with cheap gas in it so Im thinking it still
has the domies, Im confident the engine has never been apart.  The engine
may only have 33Kmi on it but with the work hours as a delivery vehicle....

On a bright note, after considerable fiddling I got the drivers seat release
cable to work, the factory clamps don't hold the housing well enough in the
front so I made some better ones, and lubed things up better.  The right
cable is frozen... it looked fine, but im working on it with some oil, so
then that one should work too!  Its inspiring knowing that they SHOULD be
able to work properly!

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com