[T3] Stock cylinder kits

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Aug 20 16:35:39 PDT 2012

The Mark 10 gives a much quieter ignition signal, less voltage spikes and
"noise" on the lines.  It's the noise from the inductive discharge across
the points that can occationally cause the cruise to kick off.  Jim may
explain the Mark 10 operation better, and the cleaner spark it gives.

Getting the Cruise unit out of the engine compartment and under the back
seat helped, but didn't eliminate the problem. It used to be fine with the
kettering system but perhaps age, or the failure of a component in the
filter on the cruise itself has caused it to be more sensitive.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"