[T3] 1972 clock repair info

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Thu Aug 23 04:00:51 PDT 2012

Sorry, I thought this was a personal email not from the list - there are
archives somewhere on vwtype3.org but I have never found how to get in!
Here are the URLs on my Type 3&4 Forum without the highlights, so they
should link with a click, being shorter.

http://www.vwtype3and4club.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=76

http://www.vwtype3and4club.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7151

Jim wrote about mending one of his transistorised clocks where the tiny coil
wires had a dry joint on the board.  I think he just put a small soldering
iron onto the circuit board coil connections and got them making good
contact again.  Maybe you'll be lucky.  I've certainly got a blown
transistor on one - I might do the quartz conversion instead of fiddling a
transistor in there and have it blow again!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club