[T3] New to List, Hello! Question or questions...

Robert Rogers rcrogers1 at peoplepc.com
Sun Aug 26 18:49:59 PDT 2012

I have no idea why your car is experiencing these symptoms.  However, If the replacement engine was not cleaned thoroughly prior to installation or the engine or surrounding parts have been recently painted, that might explain the reason it smells hot. If you havn't drained and refilled the tranmisson fluid (auto or manual) you should consider doing so. I'm sure you will receive some ideas why the car is hard to start.  My experience has been that a properly tuned FI engine normally starts well, hot or cold.  Welcome to the list!