[T3] First week of school new video

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 13:16:50 PDT 2012

In a message dated 8/27/2012 3:58:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

>  This is one of those places that I use a Hi-Temp silicone, like "Ultra
> Copper" from Permatex. It might not be the "correct way" to fix this,
but it
> does work. : )

I don't think there IS an  affordable "correct" way. Anything that
works is good. Is the silicone  strong enough, or do you do the sheet
alum thing, like I do, and then seal  around that with the silicone.

I'd love to have a good solution, but I  figured the silicone would be
too weak and would not take the heat. I  might try that next time.

The Hi-Temp Ultra Copper from Permatex is O2 sensor safe, and is formulated
 to withstand really high temps (1200+degrees). This is why I like it for
exhaust  work, since it was originally designed for that. I usually add a
thin coat to  the HE pipe, then slide the donut on, add a little to both sides,
and assemble  the exhaust. The side benefit of the silicone, is that it
actually keeps the  muffler pipes from rusting to the HE pipes. : ) This allows
you to remove the  muffler IF you need to, without destroying the muffler
(as I've seen others do  in the past).

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)