[T3] First week of school new video

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Aug 27 17:07:33 PDT 2012

Ive tried both methods, both have blown out.  Takes a nice long hot run on
the highway to do it but I havent found any way to make up for poor fit that
have lasted me that long.

Keith
:

>  Looks good, take one of your muffler donuts though and make sure it  fits
> nice and tightly on that heaterbox outlet, if there is any slop  there
> because the outlet is rusty you'll never get a good seal  there.  This has
> been a problem on my 71 for a long  time!

You can wrap that narrowed section with a thin alum strip until  it's
large enough that the muffler donut is tight around it. Cut it into
strips just a little wider than the donut. Wrap it tight, so it won't
crush much. I use thin alum flashing sheet and I also have some much
thicker than normal alum foil. Standard alum foil doesn't hold up
well. If you do this at the same time as you install the muffler, you
can also put some muffler paste in there, but muffler paste by itself
won't hold up.

This is one of those places that I use a Hi-Temp silicone, like "Ultra
Copper" from Permatex. It might not be the "correct way" to fix this, but it

does work. : )

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)