[T3] Started after seven years, now what?

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Aug 27 17:12:52 PDT 2012

Just to add to Jims "Don't do this", WHERE you put the Lamba sensor and what
kind you use is critical for proper AFR numbers.  The correct place on the
stock T3 muffler is the upper half of the right end, you need to weld in a
bung for it and your exhaust system MUST be tight.

But, Jim's right... unless you REALLY know what your doing, and how the
entire D jet system works... don't touch it.

Keith

On 27 Aug 2012 at 8:07, Mike Fisher wrote:

> Clip on an o2 sniffer to your tailpipe and determine your air fuel ratio,
> but it can only be adjusted at your manifold pressure sensor with a tiny
> screwdriver.

Don't do this. It's almost never the problem, you have a 99% chance
of making things worse, and you'll never get it back to where it
belongs. The D-Jet world is littered with the tampered remains of
pressure sensors who's owners thought they could make things
"better." VERY few succeed.

> Also remember that this is 40 year old technology and they don't really
run
> good until they are warmed up.

How true.  ;-)

(But I get the impression that his problem is worse than just a poor
idle....)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org