[T3] Started after seven years, now what?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Aug 27 12:58:19 PDT 2012

On 27 Aug 2012 at 8:07, Mike Fisher wrote:

> Clip on an o2 sniffer to your tailpipe and determine your air fuel ratio,
> but it can only be adjusted at your manifold pressure sensor with a tiny
> screwdriver.

Don't do this. It's almost never the problem, you have a 99% chance
of making things worse, and you'll never get it back to where it
belongs. The D-Jet world is littered with the tampered remains of
pressure sensors who's owners thought they could make things
"better." VERY few succeed.

> Also remember that this is 40 year old technology and they don't really run
> good until they are warmed up.

How true.  ;-)

(But I get the impression that his problem is worse than just a poor
idle....)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org