[T3] Started after seven years, now what?

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Aug 28 18:11:33 PDT 2012

I don't honestly remember, but was told this when I was setting up my LC1 in
the Square, it had something to do with where the exaust was hottest.

Keith

On 27 Aug 2012 at 20:12, Keith Park wrote:

> Just to add to Jims "Don't do this", WHERE you put the Lamba sensor and
what
> kind you use is critical for proper AFR numbers.  The correct place on the
> stock T3 muffler is the upper half of the right end, you need to weld in a
> bung for it and your exhaust system MUST be tight.

Why is one spot better than another? I can see that SOME of the OE
mufflers have the #4 exhaust dumping at the right upper corner of the
muffler, so maybe this makes sense if you're thinking that #4 is
where the temp sensor is.

OTOH, not all the OE style mufflers dump #4 there, only the best
ones.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org