[T3] The Crate's engine

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Aug 31 20:35:21 PDT 2012

The Crate's is the 1500S domie engine, Vacuum only advance, and you cant
hardly drive it without that advance hose on there.  Stock they want 10BTDC
at idle, at 5 its lost its luster and still wont start easily when hot.

The 2056 T4 engine hasn't been in the 71 in over 2 years, I tried all the
different timing settings when I was last going over it and they made little
difference, it still ran hot on the highway. Its all apart now, when Im
done, Ill report my findings, im holding my tongue for now....

Ill just say, Trust NOBODYS work and Trust NO parts on the market these
days, EVERYTHING must be checked and checked again.

As for the Tranny, Im going to try plugging them with RTV, the oil is
dripping out the bottom one just sitting there, I think the plastic has
deteriorated on all 3, I wiped off a few chunks of it when I was wiping off
the oil.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com