[T3] Replacing fuel lines & injectors

Jacob Adam Schroeder jacob.schroeder at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 10:28:50 PDT 2012

I'm replacing the fuel lines on my 1972 FI Squareback.  I'm glad that I'm
doing this because I swear that the segment from the pan to the fuel
pressure regulator was the original fuel line put on the car 40 years ago.

Things are going great so far, but some of my injectors have the hose
crimped on (as opposed to clamped with a hose clamp).  How do I replace
this segment of (old) fuel line?  This is the 2 inch fuel line segment
going from the metal T thing (more like three T's -- two to cylinders, one
to cold start) and the injector.  Can I just cut the crimp?  Any tips or
suggestions on how to do this without causing any damage to the injector
(or myself)?  Thanks,

Jacob