[T3] Tune up on the 71

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sat Aug 18 17:43:12 PDT 2012

Well at 131K my #1 cylinder is down to 95 from 110 when I last did the
compression test almost 20Kmi ago, the others are all holding up fine around
110, just a bit surprised its #1 and not #3 that's showing signs of age.
Got my Bosch spark plugs and guess what?  They aren't made in Brazil
anymore, they are made in RUSSIA!  Hmmm.. Wonder that that means?
The Blue Streak ventilated lubripoints are also obsoleted now and the
replacements are not ventilated, so they are no good. anybody know of any
old parts houses that might still have some Standard GB4173XP's in stock?
Id really like to stock up on some. Ive hoarded a lot of stuff over the past
10 years that's become obsolete or turned to crap but I didn't stock up on
the points, Darn!  I installed a set of trigger points that Jim adjusted and
rotated the tires.

Found the lower bushings on the front shocks were shot,  any BOGE
replacements still available?  Whats the best alternative for the correct
damping rate?

Maybe I can get a couple more years out of this engine, Im going to get the
T4 ready though.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com