[T3] Never really knew....

Stephen Breitrich steven_breitrich at gmx.de
Wed Aug 29 13:24:50 PDT 2012

OK...this just popped into my head! Over 30 years now I still dont really know the truth,and you guys are my "wikipedia"!:)  My Notch,63-64 has the push button controls (6 volt),and back then in 1981-82 I was told if I convert to 12 volt and use the controls,lights,wiper,dimmer,whatever,I will burn up the unit.I was scared to drive @ night or when it rained,so I didn't. I drove my bug instead. So ,it just dawned on me that since 1983? or so, I put a 1835/48's and 12 volt conversion of course, I have never driven @ night or in the rain to this day. Got mixed feelings on that,kinda sad...:(  So, who knows the the answer to this? I would REALLY like to know. Thank you,you guys are great!

Mit Freundlichen Grüssen,

Steve