[T3] rear quarter fixed window seals (cal-look) … help!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Dec 9 08:58:54 PST 2012

On 9 Dec 2012 at 9:42, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/9/12 9:37:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> jadney at vwtype3.org writes:
>
> > For non-popout fasty windows, there are also 2 different parts, but
> >  they are different lefts & rights! This comes as a complete surprise.
> >  I have NO idea how they might be different.
>
> I can see them having 2 different part numbers (pop out versus non-popout),
> due to the pop out glass getting a hole put in it for the latch. Since the
> glass isn't flat, that might explain a left and right parts number.

Isn't the glass flat when closed?

For the popouts, there are 2 different versions, early and late, (but
not left vs. right) so something outside the glass must must have
changed between 65 and 66.

For the non-popouts, do you think the glass might have been supplied
with a slight curve in it? Someone with a fasty should put a
straightedge on that glass and let us know if there's a curve in that
glass when installed and closed.

As to the original question, compare your glass. Are they curved? Are
they curved differently (might you have 2 lefts or 2 rights?)

Bob's other comments about installation might be the key here.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org