[T3] just seeing if you were paying attention!

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Dec 11 12:35:34 PST 2012

In a message dated 12/11/2012 2:08:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

Since Jim referred to MICROFILM ... is that how y'all (Dave H.  That's
Southern for all of you guys :-))  quote part numbers.
Are there microfilm(s) which cover all Type 3's, all years, all models
including Type 34's or do you have "hard copies" of part number books
that only dealers had?

Even though Jim tried to explain how part numbers not only identify
the part but whether it's a left- or right-fitting part.  Hearing you
guys discuss a specific number, I still can't figure it out.  :-(

Is there any help for me?
I'd like to have a book, microfilm or PDF(?) file.  Does any of that
exist to help those of us uninitiated?

What Jim might be referring to is a printed out book, that Russ scanned
many years ago (into a pdf that was burned to CD/DVD). That's what I use, since
Russ burned me a copy of what he used to keep on his lap top. I also have a
paper book, that only shows the parts, but no numbers. This would be used
in conjunction with the parts book.

Although, I think Jim actually has the parts book on microfilm as well.

I'm not sure what Dave uses though.

Bob 65 Notch S w/Sunroof and IRS aka Krusty
        64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie