[T3] wipers

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Dec 17 19:51:35 PST 2012

On 17 Dec 2012 at 12:16, John L. Morgan IV wrote:

> I went into Advance today and stupidly gave them my year and make: 70
> Fastback for some wipers. They gave me some blades that snapped right
> on, but now I realize they are too large (16 inch).
>
> What blade do you use? SIze, etc. Thanks.

Up thru '70 the correct size is 14". From '71-on the correct size is
15". Sometimes people have found that they need to go a little
shorter than the OE lengths (which were probably metric anyway.)

I don't know why some people haven't been able to use the normal
sizes. Perhaps it's window gaskets that are a little wider, the arms
not the right ones, or maybe not all 15" blades are created equal.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org