[T3] T3 Front end bushings

James Lingenfelter jimmyandcher at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 23:03:27 PST 2012

If this is what I'm thinking it is, they are impossible to get. I had
one mechanic tell me he thought he could modify a bushing from a
super beetle to fit, but after several failed attempts he gave up.
They were also shot on my '68, and I ended up having to find an
entire front end out of a salvage car to replace it with. I once
talked to a guy who had a machine shop make him new ones for cheap,
but I'm not sure exactly how he went about that. Yet another person
told me that even if you could get new ones, it is nearly impossible
to remove and replace the old ones.