[T3] idle cut off valves

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Dec 22 07:16:42 PST 2012

On 21 Dec 2012 at 9:45, ken2k wrote:

> are the idle cut off valves specific for the carburator or can i use
> the replacements available at places like mid america ??

I thought there were 2 styles of those e-jets. One had a big blunt
protruding plunger, that people sometimes cut off to disable the e
function; the other was more of an enclosed version. I think the
beetle style was more the latter, but I could be wrong about that.
You have to pick the correct style for your carbs.

In the latter style there is a choice of orifice. As Dave suggested,
you could always drill out a beetle one to the T3 diameter.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org