[T3] progress on running rich

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Fri Dec 21 15:15:19 PST 2012

Well we done a little work today it being the last day before the Christmas
break.  We got rid of the Ford coil replaced it with a black coil also the
points and plugs.  When we first crank the engine it ran better but still
very rich.  Just when I first started to do the video I noticed some arcing
on one of the terminal on the generator. Went back and checked the voltage
and it was below 12V. Now before everybody says why didn't we check this
before well we did. It was charging at 14.2V.  But obviously the nut backed
off after that and didn't noticed it till I seen that little of bit arcing.
Any way tighten up the nut and it jump back up over 14V.  The black smoke
improved to where you really can't see it good on this video.  I think the
next thing to do is give the battery a charge then run the engine for an
extended amount of time.  Still have an idle problem especially after the
engine warms up.  You can try to adjust the idle control screw (I know I
said it wrong in the video) but it makes no different how much it turns it
changes nothing.  I apologize for my stumbling over my words in the video
it's been a long week.        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opLj1uWG5q4

Dennis Stiefel

72 Fastback FI MT