[T3] T3 Front end bushings

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Dec 22 18:38:44 PST 2012

On 22 Dec 2012 at 11:55, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> What Type 3 (Note:  You've (almost) broken me of the habit of saying
> T3) parts or tools DON'T you have "squirreled away" in your basement,
> garage, storage or cubbies?

There's actually lots of tools I don't have. For special tools I
usually try to make do with something I can fashion from things I
have here, but sometimes there are jobs I do often enough or that are
special enough that I will buy or make something.

As for the bushings, I made several axle beam bearing and bushing
tools last year after someone needed those parts and a way to install
them, and I needed a way to get those parts out of an old beam
without damaging them. They are simple tools, but I'll probably NEVER
get my money out of them. There's just too little demand.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org