[T3] Modern cars!

Joe Plowick III gtixpress at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 09:07:11 PST 2012

I have the HEX-COM adapter so I can scan just about any VW which is nice
(except early OBD-1 cars).  I've had to make some ECU changes for some of
my friends to enable/disable features in the car, so it's a great tool to
have.  It even works on my wife's Kia minivan.  I guess compared to all of
the modern wizardy that is in the current line of VWs, my 1.8T does look
rather simple which is nice at times.   Sometimes I wish my Squareback had
a plug where I could just scan to figure out what the problem was.  Carbs
have always been aggravating to me and it no longer has the factory fuel
injection.  Someday I hope to put MegaSquirt on it and get back to fuel
injection.