[T3] Modern cars!

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon Dec 31 10:00:25 PST 2012

Sometimes I wish my Squareback had
a plug where I could just scan to figure out what the problem was.  Carbs
have always been aggravating to me and it no longer has the factory fuel
injection.  Someday I hope to put MegaSquirt on it and get back to fuel
injection.

I know what you mean.  I kind of wish there was a way to put an OBD2 plug on
our old Bosch systems so I could hook the scanner or my laptop at the school
up to it (thinking about getting an app for that to work with my IPhone).
But even if you could about the only thing useful you may be able to get
from it would be a data stream where you could see a few things like engine
temp, throttle position %, intake air temp, intake vacuum, and a few other
things. Since it was made way before OBD I or II they would be no trouble
codes to read.  It would take somebody like an electronics engineer to
figure how to make an interface that would do this and would probably be
more trouble than it's worth.  You just have to have decent DVOM skills, a
Bentley, a little common horse sense, and some guys like on this list to
pick their brains every once in a while. I have to admit if you are used to
working on newer FI systems the T-3 FI set up dose take a little getting use
to.  MegaSquirt  was my second choice when I started looking into bring
Clementine back to life( I had been running a progressive Webber on it
before I quit driving it back in 89) but it was going to cost so much more
than just putting the stock set up back on it.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT