[T3] Faulty Fuel Pump

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 31 15:28:25 PST 2012

-------------------------

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I.- Located in Coastal San Diego County
Student, A.S.U. Mesa, AZ

> From: Bobsnotch at aol.com
> Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 12:12:47 -0500
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Subject: Re: [T3] Faulty Fuel Pump
>
> All very good points Dave.
> I was just trying to help him eliminate the pump, or the wiring from the
> problem. That's why I was asking questions. Plus, Jim warned me to never let
> these pumps stay dry (internally), as they won't pump IF they are left that
> way. Since he moved the car from 1 state to another, it's very possible
> that it could be a wire that fell off, or even the pump taking a crap. It
> wouldn't be the first time either of these issues happened to anyone here on
> the list.

That is maddening! Adney said to leave it off the Squareback and nothing about storing it in fuel! What would the damage be?

Bob, think I am going to finally get around to making some jumper cables. Just have to find a source for the parts...

Thank you,
Adriel