[T3] 10mm Mirror bolt

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 16:49:05 PST 2012

If you're after a metric thread to suit a nut with width across flats of
10mm (ie, you use a 10mm wrench to undo it) it's an M6 x 1mm screw pitch.

Since it's all enclosed, I guess you'll use a similar USA size tap and bolt
when re-engineering it, so you don't really need to know the metric size!

Someone in the UK went to a glass cutting place and they cut a new piece of
glass mirror tile to the shape of the old, and even chamfered the edge as
original.  Didn't cost much either.  I'm sure there are old craftsmen in the
USA who can do this sort of thing too.  I recall the guy in the market
showing how easy it was to use the special glass cutter he was selling to
cut holes in glass for mounting fans etc - learnt it in jail!  That was his
story!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club