[T3] no start -- but just drove it!

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 16:31:47 PST 2012

Yes.  The only thing that could be wrong otherwise is a damaged battery
cable (or flat battery) - if you get a spark when you touch the quarter
across the contacts, the battery circuit is supplying power, and the starter
should turn.

Bad connections of the thick red/black wire may be a reason for the starter
not turning with the key, or a solenoid or motor problem.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club