[T3] Herky-jerky

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Feb 8 14:00:34 PST 2012

In a message dated 2/8/2012 2:02:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
fisherfarms at gmail.com writes:

The  stock Solex's with the electric idle solenoids will do that if one of
the  solenoids is bad.

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM, ken2k  <ken71type34 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> My dual carb 70 notch starts  right up and idles fine and accelerates
great
> but when i run at a  medium rpm(2500) it jerks in 2-3 and 4th gear. it
> shifts fine and  doesnt pop out of gear, i dont hear any misfire.the
> timing, dwell and  carb balance is good.  i changed the transmission fluid
> and no  change. any suggestions?? please dont tell me its the
transmission.
>  thanks kk

Does this car have a latter (73) type 3 trans? Or a freeway flier trans?
I'm only asking, because you could be too low in the rpm band for the gear
you're in. I only say that, because my 65 Notch does that sometimes too, but
it's usually in 3rd and 4th. I've learned over the years to either grab a
lower gear, or accelerate more. ;-) Yes, I do have a 3.88:1 trans in  it.  I
think Russ mentioned he was having that issue on the tour out  to the
Invasion dinner back in 08 (he had a 73 trans in his car).

64 T-34 Ghia (Wolfie)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120