[T3] Herky-jerky

John Jaranson jaransont3 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 8 15:47:59 PST 2012

> On 8 Feb 2012 at 10:49, ken2k wrote:
>
>> My dual carb 70 notch starts right up and idles fine and accelerates
>> great but when i run at a medium rpm(2500) it jerks in 2-3 and 4th
>> gear. it shifts fine and doesnt pop out of gear, i dont hear any
>> misfire.the timing, dwell and carb balance is good.  i changed the
>> transmission fluid and no change. any suggestions?? please dont tell
>> me its the transmission. thanks kk

If it is a real slight jerk or hesitation, almost like a misfire, it might be the carb balance.  Sophy always has a slight hesitation/miss at light throttle that I attribute to worn throttle shafts changing the balance between the carbs under light throttle.  When the carbs have been out of balance more the hesitation is worse.  Balancing the carbs always make it better.....but in my case it never goes away completely.

Just another possibility to check.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com