[T3] Speedometer/Odometer ratio?

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 11:46:44 PST 2012

-------------------------

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I.- Located in Coastal San Diego County
Student, A.S.U. Tempe, AZ

> From: dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:00:16 -0600
> Subject: Re: [T3] Speedometer/Odometer ratio?
>

> My understanding is a W is pronounced like a V could there be a translation
> on the speedo?
> My friend is German and his name starts with a W but you pronounce as a V.
> (Waldemar Kohl) = (Valdemar Kohl)
> Just a thought but have not real clue. Its one language I have always wanted
> to learn but never took the time.
>
> Daniel Du Vall
> http://1peter4-10.org
> http://volkswageninsanity.us
>
> My ancestors were German and the never changed the spelling of our last name
> to English when they came to this country.
> Our last name is spelled Stiefel but is pronounced Steefel. Like church
> steeple except with an f sound instead of a p. So it can get confusing
> sometimes when you try to figure out some of the marking on our cars.

That is like my Dutch side of the family: Kiewer. In German, the last of the
two vowels is pronounced or tells of an umlaut (have a hard time with that one).
So ie eh and ei is i. Really bothers me when I hear Stein pronounced Stien.

Thank you,
Adriel

P.S. The Dutch ancestors actually look Prussian, so I say Dutch-Prussian, but
also a mix of German, Swiss, Austrian, French, English, Irish, and possibly
Scottish. In short, European mutt, a.k.a. American.