[T3] 2 prong vs 3 prong brake light sending units

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Feb 14 08:51:28 PST 2012

In a message dated 2/14/2012 10:45:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bfye at canyonville.net writes:

On Tue,  Feb 14, 2012 at 6:10 AM, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org>  wrote:

> On 13 Feb 2012 at 23:48, Brian Fye wrote:
>
>  > I have cleaned my senders and my brake lights still only come on with
> > hard, hard pedal stop...  my 68 has 2 prong senders, but I  can only
find
> 3
> > prong senders.  Is the 3 prong a  redundant ++ unit or are each prong
for
> > different  item?
>
> You can use 2 of the 3 prongs, or most online vendors  sell both
> kinds, often for the same price.

I've been getting my switches from my local FLAPS. They're standard brand,
but made in Italy. Don't know if the quality is better or not than the
Chinese  versions, but at least they get them in the next day. : ) I've got over
10  years so far on a pair on my 65 Notch.

64 T-34 Ghia (Wolfie)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120