[T3] Whats is a Type 3 worth?

Everett Barnes everettb at thesamba.com
Wed Feb 22 10:18:13 PST 2012

On 2/22/2012 1:42 AM, J. Jonik wrote:
> We're all potentially rich.    Not to mention what we've saved by not buying The Latest Models of this and that over the decades.   And, not mentioning the value of our labor keeping the things going.  Personal purchase prices for my cars over the years range from about $300 to zero.  They were/are cars, not investments.
> http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1971/Volkswagen/Type-3/2-Door-Sedan-Squareback-Wagon/Values
>          1971 Volkswagen Type 3
>      2 Door Sedan Squareback Wagon  Pricing
> (Don't know what "MSRP" means.)
> Original   MSRP      $2,599
> Low  Retail                  $4,550
> Average Retail        $8,700
> High Retail                 $14,000
> Higher                  $ the moon      (see below)
> Value Explanations

MSRP = manufacturer's suggested retail price, the original sticker price
from VW in 1971.  Although this varied by location.

These prices are great for insurance purposes but are not realistic in
the open market.

NADA is often wacky.  Some stuff is too high, some stuff is too low.
All of my early VW Buses are vastly undervalued in their charts given
the current market place, one by ~50%.

If $14,000 to you is "rich," that is awesome!
You have a very frugal lifestyle.
I would need 2 but preferably 3 more zeros added to that figure.

- Everett