[T3] Brake light switches

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Feb 22 11:29:28 PST 2012

On 22 Feb 2012 at 10:12, Bob Myers wrote:

> Yeah, I was responding to Dave's comment on John's idea to install a pedal
> actuated switch. I'm just suggesting that the redesigned switch from VW is
> pretty cheap now because of the recall, if anyone was pondering this
> modification.

Okay, but our pedal cluster is completely different from this one. I
don't see any good way to install a mechanical switch, but if John
has a good way to do it I'd love to hear about it.

> The switches that are in this recall had an adjustable length plunger that
> would fail.

Ah, so it was an actual problem with the switch. Interesting. If the
new switch could be adapted to our cars somehow, that would be a nice
$6 solution. But part of the problem with our situation is that it
must be down by the floor, so it needs to be more weatherproof than a
modern car where it can hide up under the dash.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org