[T3] Brake Light Switches

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Feb 26 06:58:56 PST 2012

On 25 Feb 2012 at 18:58, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> OK ... you caught me.

That's what I figured.  ;-)

> Thanks for mentioning that my post looked better.  No quotes, bullets,
> numbering, indents, etc.  Just straight typing with only enter/carriage
> returns for paragraphs.  I sense you like the appearance better?  Anyone
> else?

Your post looked perfectly fine.

> But I have yet to understand that when YOU post a response about a previous
> entry, why (for instance: the paragraph under Gary Forsmo wrote:) the first
> symbol in front of each line of MY post appears a > (greater than symbol?).

I have my email client set up to do that. For you, using gmail, I think you have to set up your gmail options to do the same thing. The > symbol is standard practice for quoted material.

To keep the verbage down, I delete quoted material that isn't
necessary to understand my replies. It's more work for me, but I
figure that if it makes my responses more readable then it's worth
it.

I post in straight text only. To do bullets, fancy fonts, colors,
etc, requires RTF (Rich Text Font) which increases the size of the
post by a factor of 2 or HTML (HyperText Markup Language) which ups
the size by a factor of 10.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org