[T3] too hard to Retire!

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Feb 14 17:36:24 PST 2012

OK, I did some looking into what is available in our tire size and yea,
despite the popularity of the size, it looks like were pretty boned these
days!
The Kumho's I love were obsolete when I got them. so that's out,

Here's what I found in 165 80 15
If anybody is running any of these and can do a comparison or offer their
experience on them Id be interested

1)	NEXEN  $62,  WHO is this?  Never heard of the brand before!  Sounds
CHEAP..
2)	Nankang  $58  Sounds REALLY cheap, and from what the Mustang guys
say (who use them on the front of their drag cars) they are UGLY!
3)	Federal  $75  again, WHO makes these?  Never heard of Federal
4)	Vredesten  $109  Ahhh.. made in the neatherlands, that's good.
$109ea, that's bad!
5)	Multimile  $72  again, never heard of it.

For the Crate, I can probably use anything decent as that car will not see
many miles or hard use but when the Kumho's go on the Square I need GOOD
tires on that car as Im often morbidly overloaded, pulling a boat and doing
all that on 90+ days OR when its raining so hard you cant see and need good
rain tires!

The Kumho's im running have stiffer sidewalls than any tire Ive ever run on
the car, and it handles better than it ever has, and that's all with stock
ride height. Id like to find another tire that has a good stiff sidewall.
any opinions or experiences with the above tires would be great!

Thanks

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com