[T3] Engine Craziness (was Dwell Meter...)

Tony Rongey trongey at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 24 10:56:35 PST 2012

I've got my dwell at 46deg and timing is 0 at 900 with the rebuilt distributor.
When the engine is cold it starts right up, but wants to die if I let the RPMs
drop below about 1200.
After driving for a few minutes - about halfway warmed up - if the RPMs get
below about 1500 it coughs, sputters, and usually dies. But it will start right
back up.
Once it's fully warmed up it runs great and idles pretty well.  If I shut it
down I have to crank for at least half a minute before it will fire up, but it
runs fine once it starts.
Any clues? (Note: Even though the car is a '70, the FI and harness are all from
a '69)

Tony
'70 Fastback AT/FI