[T3] Intermittent hesitation/stall.?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Feb 7 10:01:48 PST 2012

In a message dated 2/7/2012 12:17:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

In case  anyone who is trying to comment on another persons post, here's
what I did  with Jim's advice: Re. Norman Roush's Intermittent
Hesitation/Stall  problem.

I simply copied Jim's paragraph, opened a new Compose Mail  window, Pasted
Jim's Copied paragraph in the new window, added a line of  **************,
to separate Jim's comment from my comments and Sent my  message  to
type3 at vwtype3.org

Here's  my comment about Jim solving MY Intermittent Hesitation/Stall
(except my  '69 FI, MT never stalled) problem in the summer of 2011.

After Jim's  (driving) and me (shotgun) test drive at 55mph on the highway,
my '69 was  "running rough".  Drove back to Jim's house.  He installed  two
Belleville Washers under the two (R & L) Factory Fuel  Injector
Ground-to-Head Screws.  When I drove highway speeds 15 miles  back to where
my car is garaged, the car ran without hesitation.  I  called Jim to tell
him, the car ran like it was NEW..  Great, easy,  simple fix ... Thanks to
Jim, who (again) diagnosed the problem correctly  and knew how to fix it
with the Belleville Washers.

Kudos,  Jim.

Norman, I hope this is the simple fix for your problem,  too.

***************************************
Does this post follow  the CORRECT Type 3 "protocol" for responding to  a
question?

I normally bottom post, and edit what I don't want above it. That way I
keep the info in the same thread, and try to keep what's pertinent that I'm
responding to. That line you create though, uses characters and space in the
list sever account (archive space).
I'm glad adding the washers helped your issue, although that only works on
the 68 & 69 cars, as the 70 to 73 cars use a different FI ground source (1
of the studs for the breather box).

64 T-34 Ghia (Wolfie)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120