[T3] no start -- but just drove it!

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Feb 12 11:06:54 PST 2012

In a message dated 2/12/2012 1:54:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
spinningrooves at gmail.com writes:

The wire  from under the seat goes past the battery and exits the
battery well in the  rear.  However, I notice that under the car, that
wire connects to the  starter but it comes from the REAR of the car.  I
was expecting to  find it exiting the interior of the car INFRONT of
the starter.  Where  does it go after it leaves the battery area?
Bentley shows it just  connecting to the starter after it leaves the
connector under the  seat.

Does it go somewhere else first before ending up at the  starter?

Yes, that's the wire Jim was mentioning that has a splice under the right
(passenger) seat, under the carpet.Find that 2 ends of it, and test it with
your  VOM. If it's good, then it should work.

Is this 71 and later 71? If so, there would be a second wire that would
come from the rear. It goes to the diagnostic plug in the engine compartment.
That second wire also would go to the terminal on the starter. You can
disregard  that wire, since the diagnostic port is no longer used. You might be
confusing  the 2 wires is all I'm getting at.

64 T-34 Ghia (Wolfie)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120